4 days with Gérard Rancinan
The responsibility of the photographic act
From April 25th to 28th, 2019
Since his first photograph in 1970, Gérard Rancinan has pulled a thread: from the time he was a photojournalist to his current artistic practice, he always tells us the same story. The one of the absence of a hierarchy of the arts. We are all storytellers of our own world narrative – so photography is a process that must be done with awareness.
During this workshop, Gérard Rancinan invites you to slow down your practice, take a step back and measure the scope of the shot. He suggests that you ask yourself about the notion of responsibility for the photographic act – “being a good photographer does not necessarily mean being a good witness, and vice versa,” he says.
Embark with Gérard Rancinan for a dive into his unique photographic universe (he is the most internationally acclaimed contemporary French photographer!) in search of your unique approach.
Included in the price :
– The complete workshop: from day 1 at 2:00 pm to day 4 at 12:00 pm
– Boat-taxis in case of excursion within the workshop
– Access to tourist or remarkable sites within the framework of the workshop
– Access to evening events
– Possible loans of equipment
– The provision of professional models, hair, make-up, styling and decorations
– Three gourmet buffet dinners
– Your accommodation and board depending on the option chosen
Not included in the price :
– Transport to and from Venice and San Servolo
– The vaporettos and other boats-taxis apart from the excursions planned within the framework of the workshop
– Participants’ personal expenses
– Any insurance against loss or theft of luggage, delay or cancellation of transport, theft or breakage of equipment during the workshop