4 days with Settimio Benedusi
The human body to discover yourself
From April 25th to 28th, 2019
Everyone, nowadays, has a pocket camera (which, possibly, can also make phone calls!) and practices the images daily: photography is, without a doubt, the language of our contemporary time.
Not only do we frantically take pictures of everything, at all time, but we make extremely diverse and varied uses of them, photography being both the grammar and syntax of what we tell about ourselves to the world, via, in particular, our compulsive relationship to social networks.
Photography, sometimes even unconsciously, reveals our intimacy and our reality.
Settimio Benedusi therefore considers it necessary to learn to use this new universal language responsibly and consciously. And it is from this intention that his workshops are born: to offer the participants the keys to master the conceptual approach of photography, to succeed in using his codes to tell something sensible.
In this workshop, Settimio Benedusi proposes you to approach the theme of the body, to tell yourself in photography. From yourselves, your knowledge and conscience, you will investigate your essence, your history. It will explore the naked body as a symbolic territory of discovery, narration, semantic exploration of oneself, through the participation of a model throughout the duration of the workshop. His continued presence will be the means, not just the end, to help you put into practice what you will learn as the days go by.
No specific and technical knowledge of photography is required to participate in these workshops, which can be followed whatever your equipment: even with a mobile phone!
During the 4 days on the island of San Servolo, Settimio Benedusi will also scout for talents: in fact Settimio will hunt among the members particularly capable, brilliant, willing and keen,to be involved in the initiative “RICORDI? ritratti fotografici stampati”. It is the format created by Settimio to bring back the privilege of the photographic portrait printed; in various areas, photographic studios are set up to take portraits of people and the photographic prints, made live, are sold to the subjects portrayed.
Included in the price :
– The complete workshop: from day 1 at 2:00 pm to day 4 at 12:00 pm
– Boat-taxis in case of excursion within the workshop
– Access to tourist or remarkable sites within the framework of the workshop
– Access to evening events
– Possible loans of equipment
– Three gourmet buffet dinners
– Your accommodation and board depending on the option chosen
Not included in the price :
– Transport to and from Venice and San Servolo
– The vaporettos and other boats-taxis apart from the excursions planned within the framework of the workshop
– Participants’ personal expenses
– Any insurance against loss or theft of luggage, delay or cancellation of transport, theft or breakage of equipment during the workshop