4 days with Ann Ray
Useless Photographs, Accidents, interstices & serendipity : believe in worthlessness in the art of portraiture – and make it happen
From April 25th to 28th, 2019
After 12 years of working on portraits for The Times, Ann Ray entered into a personal and artistic relationship with Lee Alexander McQueen, which gave her privileged access and the creation of a rare collection – about 35,000 analogue photographs. She has also worked for the Paris Opera and the Metropolitan Opera of New York for more than ten years.
In 2019, it will publish a book entitled “Les Yeux fermés”, which will present surprising portraits of artists with closed eyes, taken over 15 years.
Portraiture, press, fashion, advertising or even reporting is therefore an art that she has mastered for several decades and that she invites you to analyze, dissect, test and disturb during this exceptional Venetian workshop.
How to get in touch with your model? How to exploit the unexpected of the shooting and tame the different accidents, interstices and happy accidents? This is the theme that Ann Ray proposes to address through this workshop on useless photographs.
Included in the price :
– The complete workshop: from day 1 at 2:00 pm to day 4 at 12:00 pm
– Boat-taxis in case of excursion within the workshop
– Access to tourist or remarkable sites within the framework of the workshop
– Access to evening events
– Possible loans of equipment
– The provision of professional models, hair, make-up, styling and decorations
– Three gourmet buffet dinners
– Your accommodation and board depending on the option chosen
Not included in the price :
– Transport to and from Venice and San Servolo
– The vaporettos and other boats-taxis apart from the excursions planned within the framework of the workshop
– Participants’ personal expenses
– Any insurance against loss or theft of luggage, delay or cancellation of transport, theft or breakage of equipment during the workshop