4 days with Pascal Dusapin
From May 1st to 4th, 2019
If Pascal Dusapin is internationally known for his activity as a composer, his quality as a photographer is more discreet.
Yet, they are intrinsically linked to his practice of music. In his practice, Pascal Dusapin questions the relationship between music and photography. He is interested in the notion of forms, in the plural. “When you write for an orchestra,” he explains, “it is done in several dimensions.” It is the same for his photography, which could be related to a form of street photography tending to abstraction.
Pascal Dusapin is passionate about composition, both musical and visual. Superimposition of patterns, work of the material, Pascal Dusapin, who photographs exclusively in Black & White offers you during this workshop to learn to detect each note of a photograph, to master the harmony. You will work together on the complex notion of compositions, based on the theories applied to music and highlight the correlation relationship that links these two arts.
To go deeper (in French) : Pascal Dusapin – Je ne suis pas photographe
Included in the price :
– The complete workshop: from day 1 at 2:00 pm to day 4 at 12:00 pm
– Boat-taxis in case of excursion within the workshop
– Access to tourist or remarkable sites within the framework of the workshop
– Access to evening events
– Possible loans of equipment
– Three gourmet buffet dinners
– Your accommodation and board depending on the option chosen
Not included in the price :
– Transport to and from Venice and San Servolo
– The vaporettos and other boats-taxis apart from the excursions planned within the framework of the workshop
– Participants’ personal expenses
– Any insurance against loss or theft of luggage, delay or cancellation of transport, theft or breakage of equipment during the workshop