4 days with Formento & Formento
The Quality Of Mystery
Thursday, February 22nd to Sunday, February, 25th 2018
The aim of this masterclass is to look and critique students existing work, and spend a day on location shooting together with BJ and Richeille Formento (models will be provided). Taking a journey deep into the creative process, from cultivation of ideas, to examining the elements that converge in a dramatic photograph from simple/advance lighting and composition to philosophical decisions.
Formento & Formento will also provide students with a formidable lesson in how to shape one’s career as a photographer.
As working professionals both in the fine art and commercial field, Formento & Formento will lecture on their own experiences, principles and methods. They will share the honest and intricate parts of their process of shooting, editing and getting the work seen in galleries and published in magazines.
Art is so unpredictable and half the time we are not aware of how we made it. This workshop attempts to create a dialogue between Richeille as art director, BJ as photographer and the students. To ask the questions why do you love photography, how did you get here and how do you reach your goals, what is the artistic process? And more importantly, what are you made of? To be able to find your own path and to create bold and
dramatic work that seems to have some magic.
Catered to both established photographers looking to re ignite that spark to beginners on their new path.
Educational objectives :
– Observing, reading and commenting on a photographic work
– Setting up a personal photographic project: idea development, technical organization …
– Mastering the management of a professional photographic career
Teaching language : English
Level Required : Intermediate to professionnal
Equipment Required : All participants must come with their own photo equipment, ready to photograph. Digital camera (case and lenses if DSLR or hybrid), battery, charger, memory cards, connections required. Participants should also bring their own laptops, and everything needed for digital editing.
Included in the price :
– Full Masterclass – From Day 1 – 12:00pm to Day 4 – 1:00 pm
– Water taxis for excursion within the framework of the Masterclass.
– Access to tourist sites as part of the Masterclass.
Not included in the price :
– Transportation to and from Venice and San Servolo.
– Vaporettos and other water taxis that are not part of the Masterclass excursions.
– Attendees’ personal expenses
– Any insurance regarding loss or theft of luggage, delays or cancellation of transport, theft or breakage of equipment during the Masterclass